Stevensville School District
School-Sponsored Student Activities
- Student Organizations:
- All student organizations must be approved by the administration. Secret or clandestine organizations or groups will not be permitted.
- Bylaws and rules of student organizations must not be contrary to Board policy or to administrative rules and regulations.
- Procedures in student organizations must follow generally accepted democratic practices in the acceptance of members and nomination and election of officers.
- Social Events
- Social events must have prior approval of the administration.
- Social events must be held in school facilities unless approved by the Board.
- Social events must be chaperoned at all times.
- Attendance at high school social events and dances shall be limited to high school students, and middle school social events shall be limited to middle school students, unless prior permission is received from the principal.
- Extracurricular Activities
- In establishing an interscholastic program, the Board directs the administration to:
- Open all sports to all students enrolled in the District, with an equal opportunity for participation.
- Recommend sports activities based on interest inventories completed by the students.
- Policy 3233
- § 20-5-203, MCA Secret Organization Prohibited
Adopted on: June 12, 2012
Reviewed on: Dec. 2015
Revised on: Jan. 2016