Stevensville School District R
THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES 1105
The District is governed by a Board of Trustees consisting of eight (8) members. Of these, one member represents the Lone Rock District only on high school issues. The powers and duties of the Board include the broad authority to adopt and enforce all policies necessary for the management and governance of the District. Except as otherwise provided by law, trustees shall hold office for terms of three (3) years, or until their successors are elected and qualified. Terms of trustees shall be staggered as provided by law.
All trustees shall participate on an equal basis with other members in all business transactions pertaining to the high school maintained by the District. Only those trustees elected from the elementary district may participate in business transactions pertaining to the elementary schools maintained by the District.
There may be a delegate elected from the student body to be the representative of the Student Council. The student representative may attend regular Board meetings.
- § 20-3-301, MCA Election and term of office
- 20-3-302, MCA Legislative intent to elect less than majority of trustees
- 20-3-305, MCA Candidate qualification and nomination
- 20-3-306, MCA Conduct of election
- 20-3-307, MCA Qualification and oath
- 20-3-341, MCA Number of trustee positions in elementary districts – transition
- 20-3-344, MCA Nomination of candidates by petition in first-class elementary district
- 20-3-351, MCA Number of trustee positions in high school districts
- 20-3-352, MCA Request and determination of number of high school district additional trustee positions – nonvoting trustee
- 20-3-361, MCA Joint board of trustees organization and voting membership
Adopted on: Dec. 2001
Reviewed on: January, 2016
Revised on: Mar. 2008; Dec. 11, 2012, Feb. 2016