What you can do – Families:
Get involved in Graduation Matters Montana.
1. ENCOURAGE THE STUDENTS IN YOUR FAMILY TO TAKE THE PLEDGE TO GRADUATE
2. START OR JOIN COORDINATED GRADUATION MATTERS MONTANA EFFORTS:
- Create or join a task force of local businesses, parents,
caregivers, students, and community leaders to focus on graduation.
3. PLAN FOR THE FUTURE:
- Talk with your student about the credit requirements for a high school diploma and their plans for after graduation.
- Have them explore career and college options and collect as much information as possible.
4. GET INVOLVED IN THEIR EDUCATION:
- Ask them about their homework and talk to their teachers.
- Volunteer in their classroom or school.
- Start or join a parent-teacher organization (e.g. PTA).
- Attend their school events and get to know their teachers, coaches, mentors, and friends.
5. MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Volunteer at your local after-school program or youth organization.
- Support other parents and caregivers.
- Encourage others to make a difference too.