What YOU can do – Students:
Get involved in Graduation Matters Montana.
1. TAKE THE PLEDGE TO GRADUATE AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO JOIN YOU
2. STAY ON THE RIGHT TRACK:
- Know the graduation requirements for your school as well as the requirements for college or career training.
- Do your homework, study hard, and don’t miss school.
3. GET INVOLVED:
- Participate in extracurricular activities at school or through a youth organization in your community.
- Volunteer, get an internship or find a part-time job that gives you skills that will benefit you in the workplace or college.
- Participate in the I Pledge to Graduate campaign at your school or start one if your school doesn’t have one.
- Join a Career and Technical Student Organization.
4. PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE:
- Challenge yourself academically and plan out your future.
- Talk to your school counselor and family about your goals and college or career training.
- Find a mentor who can help you plan for your future.
- Take advantage of college preparation and career readiness resources and opportunities.
- Create a Big Sky Pathway
5. MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Support your peers to make healthy and safe choices.
- Participate in service learning.
- Consider tutoring or mentoring a peer or younger student.
- Be kind and treat others with respect.
- Take on a leadership role.